Sunday, April 3, 2011

Homemade natural hair mist

My hair has been feeling really dry lately, so I decided to make my own leave-in spray/conditioner. I turned to the Long Hair Community forums, and found this little gem of a concoction.


4 oz distilled water
2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
1 teaspoon jojoba oil

(If you refer to the original recipe, you can put in vegetable glycerin and essential oils, but I didn't have any of those on hand.)

Sanitise the mister you're going to use, so as to prolong the shelf life of your spray mixture. I just poured boiling water over all the utensils, mixing jugs and bottles I was going to use. This spray mixture works really well, I use all over the length of my hair, but I tend to go overboard so I try not to spritz it on hair near my scalp. It's lovely for moisture, and I go crazy on it for the damaged ends of my hair. It really helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter